About Primary 6
Teacher: Mrs Bairner
Number of children: 23
Japan / John Muir Award
Dragons Den (Enterprise)
PE: Mondays and Thursdays
RCCT: Mrs Walker will cover RCCT on Tuesday mornings. In P6, Mrs Walker will teach STEM, French and Handwriting.
Term 2 (October to December
Here is our plan for Term 2 in Primary 6. with Mrs Bairner.
Reading: Group Novels
Writing: Writing tasks this term will link to our cross curricular topic, Titanic.
Maths: Long multiplication, Division, Fractions, Decimals and Percentages
Cross Curricular Topic: Titanic
ICT: Data- handling and graphs (linked to Titanic topic and maths)
Music: P6 will work with the music specialist on Tuesday afternoons.
Drama: P6 will lead the whole school Christmas Show on 16th December. P6 will take on all acting roles.
Art: Art activities will link to our Titanic topic.
PE: Volleyball and Scottish Country Dancing
RME: Advent (Christmas) and the Nativity Story (linked to drama)
Health and Wellbeing: Internet Safety
STEM, French and Handwriting: This will be covered during RCCT with Mrs Walker (on Tuesday mornings)
Friday Fives - 11th November
1. Ask me about the most recent chapters of my group novel.
2. Ask me about Life in 1912 including life in a 'Big House', occupations in 1912 and life as a servant.
3. Ask me about the spreadsheet and graph I created in maths about the passengers on the Titanic. Ask me to explain what the graph shows.
4. Ask me about my experience as a Nursery Buddy.
5. Ask me about the timeline I am working on with my group.
P6 - Building Bridges Challenge
We worked in teams to design and build bridges. We were challenged to build a bridge that could hold up to 2kg. Some groups managed to build a bridge that could hold much more than that!