About Primary 3
Mrs Findlay (Mon, Tues and alternate Wed)
Mrs Dolan (Thurs, Fri and alternate Wed)
RCCT: Mrs Stevenson - Wednesday morning (French & Science)
Number of Children: 23
Topic The Ancient Egyptians
P.E.Days: Monday and Thursday - current focus is gymnastics
Homework: Please find on Google classroom
Friday Fives - 4.2.22
Friday Fives are updated fortnightly. These are questions to encourage conversations about your child's learning at home.
1. Can you tell me the process involved in preparing a mummy for it's trip into the afterlife?
2. Which local building did we watch being knocked down?
3. What is multiplication?
4. Ask me to demonstrate some of the static shape gymnastics I have been working on.
5. I am writing a book! Ask me what my story is going to be about!
Literacy and Numeracy
- We continue to work on our phonics and common words daily to develop our spelling and reading skills
- Our writing is developing beautifully and Mrs Dolan is now leading the class in a book project where every child will become an author
- We are demonstrating our comprehension skills by discussing our reading books and answering questions.
- We complete ten daily mental maths questions which keep our skills sharp
- Mrs Dolan is working on addition and subtraction within 1000 in the "chimney" method with a focus on transitioning the children into working in a jotter, laying out their work in an orderly and neat manner
- Mrs Findlay is working on multiplication and division.
To assist your child at home with learning in these areas please work on the homework issued through Google classroom, read with your child 3/4 times a week and work on the quick recall of the multiplication table facts in the following order 10, 2, 5, 3, 4.
The gallery below shows our class museum, our Scottish art, our names in hieroglyphics, some writing about the River Nile, scarab beetles and some of our pharaoh portraits. Some absolutely fantastic learning!
Describe your image