About Primary 1
Teacher: Mrs Walker
Number of Children: 16
P.E. Days: Tuesday & Thursday
RCCT: Miss Gray on Monday afternoons
P1 Christmas party is Thursday 17th December. Please wear your Christmas party outfit in to school. Remember wellies & waterproofs for going outside.
On the afternoon of Thursday 17th children will be watching the Christmas show. They can bring in a pilllow/ teddy to have whilst watching the show.
Friday Fives are updates fortnightly. These questions should help with discussions on what your child has been learning.
1. ask me to double a number to 10.
2. ask me to red a 3 letter word. Hat, zip, yes, van, vet
3. Ask me to spell my common words
4. ask me to show your the dance we learned in PE
5. Ask me about my Christmas wreath craft.
1. Ask me to tell the time using o'clock and half past.
2. Ask me to add 2 digits together e.g. 2+4
3. Ask me to spell my common words.
4. Ask me to tell you about owls.
5. Ask me about Santa's workshop.
1. Ask me to tell the time using o'clock.
2. Ask me to sing you our Christmas song
3. Ask me to tell you about hedgehogs.
4. Ask me to tell you what I am sewing in class.
5. Ask me to do a yoga pose.
1. Ask me to count backwards from 10.
2. Ask me to sing a song we have learned- I'm a nut, I saw a little rain drop, or fly fly fly little bat
3. Ask me to read my common words as fast as I can
4. Ask me about the birds we have seen in our playground
5. Ask me about feathers,
1. Ask me to count out objects to 10 accurately.
2. Ask me to sing you our song about a little leaf/raindrop/snowflake
3. Ask me how I made my Christmas card design.
4. Ask me to sing my jolly phonics jingle for a,t,p,n,i
5. Ask me about the games I've learned in PE.
1. Ask me about the colours of the colour monster. Ask me what each colour means.
2. Ask me about the children in our class. Ask me who I like. Ask me which adults I like.
3. Ask me about our check in. Ask what it means if I feel a 1,2,3,4 or 5.
4. Ask me to make a variety of sounds using their voices e.g.- moo for a cow, tick tock for a clock, sssss for a snake, buzz like a bumble bee, wheeeee down a slide, bounce your ball- boing boing.
5. Ask the children what they did with the numcion.
Term 2- December update
Dear P1 adults
This term the class have been working hard on their phonics. They now know all initial sounds and have been taught the first 12 common words. Some children need to practise reading words and sentences so this will be our focus in January. Some children are able to read and spell all of their common words so will be ready to start their reading books next term.
For maths we have been looking at numbers to 20 and how we read and write them as well as working out which number is missing on the number line. We have been learning about double numbers and addition to 10. The children can tell the time using o'clock on an analogue clock and are working on reading digital time and half past on an analogue and digital clock.
The class have sang beautifully for the Christmas show and have been fantastic helpers in Santa's workshop in class. They have been enjoying the Christmas stores and have written two class books already! They are keen to write another so watch this space. The class also did some sewing and making soft toys. They were very focused and listened to the instructions. They also have been writing factfiles on lots of wildlife for our Eco group.
We have been making lots of Christmas crafts and hopefully you can find something that will serve as a keepsake of your child's Christmas in 2020.
I'd like to take this time to thank you all for your support this year and hopefully 2021 gives us the opportunity to meet in the class and share what your child is learning in person.
Have a restful winter break and I hope you have a lovely Christmas and new year. See you in 2020!
Mrs Walker & P1